When your teeth have cosmetic flaws, dental bonding offers a convenient option for improving their appearance. This procedure involves applying composite resin to the affected teeth, which then bonds to the surface with the use of a specialized light. At Serene Dental Orlando Dentistry, we offer dental bonding to help enhance your smile.
Uses for Dental Bonding
Our dentist uses dental bonding to improve a wide range of cosmetic flaws. You might be a suitable candidate for this type of procedure if you’re interested in correcting any of the following flaws:
- Tooth discolorations
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Too much space between teeth
- Teeth that are too short
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are crooked
Dental bonding also has other uses. Our dentist might recommend this procedure to repair decayed teeth or to reduce the risk of infections if part of your tooth root is exposed. This can happen if your gums have receded due to gum disease.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding provides certain advantages over other types of cosmetic dental procedures. These include the following:
- Only requires one visit. Dental implants, veneers, aligners and other procedures involve making several visits to the dentist over a longer period of time. Orlando dental bonding at Serene Dental Center can be done in just one visit, which makes it a more convenient option in terms of your schedule. This procedure usually takes up to one hour for each tooth.
- No enamel removal. Veneers and other types of cosmetic procedures require our dentist to remove small amounts of tooth enamel for a proper fit.
- With dental bonding, our dentist does not have to remove any tooth enamel. Instead, you’ll have a roughing agent applied to the affected teeth before the bonding agent is applied.
- Lower need for anesthesia. Since dental bonding is a simple procedure, many patients do not need anesthesia.
- Affordability. Dental bonding is a more cost-effective cosmetic procedure than dental implants, veneers, crowns and other treatments.
Keep in mind that dental bonding is not as long-lasting as other types of treatments, such as porcelain veneers. Bonding is a convenient option if you are interested in having cosmetic flaws fixed in a short amount of time. Once the bonding is set, it should last for up to 10 years.
If you’re interested in learning more about Orlando dental bonding to see if it’s right for you, please contact Serene Dental Center at 407-434-0243 or book an appointment online.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment or consultation